Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Announcing the debut of the Two Phoebes' blog!

The story goes like this: Phoebe and Phoebe's moms were in the jewelry business. One mom was in antiques, and the other is a jewelry designer in diamond jewelry. Both come from a long line of jewelers (four generations in this country alone).

Unfortunately for everyone, last year, one Phoebe's mom died, leaving a king's ransom of vintage jewelry to the family. The other
Phoebe's mom (me) has decided to take on the enormous task of cataloging, researching, testing, pricing and selling off this spectacular and varied collection. To this end, I have started the e-commerce site https://twophoebes.com.

I've had some experience with vintage jewelry, but there are many things I don't know about these items, and it's been very interesting as I go through the discovery process. I am learning so much about history, fashion, jewelry styles, fabrication, materials, and really about so many things that I thought I'd both share it with you and also use this blog to reach out to the collective knowledge base of the internet to help me find things out about the jewelry I have.

I will be posting observations, pictures, my research, questions and general pleas for help in identifying things. I know there is a large community of people out there with great interest and knowledge about vintage jewelry so I'm hoping that people will be willing to impart their wisdom to me so I can properly identify things.

Let's start with this little charm here. I see it's a microphone, ABC (I have more of these charms - NBC and CBS as well) but my query is what decade is this microphone from? I googled "vintage microphones" and I can't find anything like it. Any info, leads, suggestions welcome!

Oh, and if you see anything on twophoebes.com that looks erroneous or that you can expand on, please feel free to post or email me at jedenfine@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment